Kutjevo is a village in Slavonia, located northeast of Požega. This famous wine-growing district at the foot of mount Krndija is distinguished by its valuable monuments. There is a beautiful park, protected as a horticultural monument. The famous Kutjevo wine cellar holds a wine collection. It was built by the Cistercians in 1232 and parts
of it have been preserved in their original form, when the famous leader of the Slavonian policemen, Baron Franjo Trenk, even the most renowned Habsburg empress Maria Theresa, used to dwell there. Kutjevo is one of the few towns that are named after the queen of wine - graševina to name the central and most beautiful city square.
The tradition of breeding pure-blood horses, in particular the Lippizaners, dates back to the 19th century.